For months many have pondered whether the Klein government’s “third-way” involved a little monkeying around with Alberta’s health services or a large scale shift of such services that would disregard the Canada Health Act. Recent news articles suggest that the “third-way” involves the latter.
- “Alberta considers private hospitals” (canada.com)
- “Evans to present health care plans” (cbc)
- “Alberta cabinet votes on health care reforms” (ctv)
- “Plan snubs Canada Health Act” (Edmonton Journal)
- “Health-care fight heats up” (Toronto Star)
- Alberta Government Health and Wellness
- The Canada Health Act (Department of Justice Canada)
- The Canada Health Act: Overview and Options (Library of Parliament)
After reading some of the news articles above, I wonder which public companies are positioned to move if this “third-way” actually goes anywhere. But, I already have my eye in another investment, another time perhaps. I wouldn’t want to throw my support for or against with money while this mess is just on the horizon anyway.